I'm going for a more nature inspired Christmas this year...code for lots cheaper. We've been collecting acorns and pine cones and pecans and such to use in our decorations this year. I'm working on our wreaths this week and I'll post about them later. I'm really hoping they turn out the way I want. Next week is our neighborhood judging of Christmas decorations. Every time I mention that Blasen always says "don't worry, they're always 'judging'". We definitely are the "misfits" of our neighborhood. We just don't fit in with the doctors and lawyers and all other upper middle class folks found here.
Anyway, I thought I would share some of the ideas that I've found and actually have the supplies, and therefore the intent, to make this season.
Snow globes look super simple and I picked-up the little trees and glitter for 50% off at Hobby Lobby last week.
Then the next two are clay ornaments. Picked-up a tub of white clay Saturday night...when it was a nice 68 degrees at 10:30 at night. I say that now as it has snowed today and bottoms out tonight at 28. I want the 68 back.
And the last is a fun tradition. You cut off a piece of your tree each year and make into an ornament.
All these I'm sure the kids will love and should be relatively easy for them to do.
There are just tons of ideas out there and it's so hard to decide on what to do. But these are a fun place to start.
No comments:
Post a Comment