Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Mama Ford



...That's my mother. She's wonderful isn't she? She's turning 60 today...hush, don't tell her I told you. You would never guess though. I hope to be like her at 60.
My sisters and I threw here a surprise party. We are always looking for a reason to have a party and some good food. So over Labor Day weekend we all descended on Villa de la Ford (it has to be feminine since so many girls have lived there).
Surprise!
Out-of-town daughter #1. Surprise!
Out-of-town daughter #2. Surprise! 
(I really should get to the gym more often. When I'm tired and don't want to go...I will just look at this picture and the other one of me and my friend Rachael that is so horrible that I refuse to even post it)
The yummy food. 
Party goers.
The cake.
I'll have to share the food ideas(I tried some new recipes this time) in another post, but I wanted to put these pictures up since today is officially my mother's birthday. She is a wonderful example to all around her. And she isn't a bad friend to have either.


P.S. Thanks Emily for putting together the slideshow.


P.P.S. Thanks to Rachael, an honorary Ford girl, for all her help.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I just boo-hooed watching the video. Perfect song choice, Emily! Your mother is such a special woman. I feel so fortunate to have had her influence during my college years and to still have her love today! I so wish I could have been there for this. She and your dad have created a beautiful life, and you five girls have created five more beautiful lives. What a legacy they have! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate her! Love you Mama Ford!!

Rachael M. said...

Awwww...I just made fondue!

You are far too hard on yourself. You have some sort of insane Heidi Klum expectation on yourself. YOU HAVE AN INFANT. So hush.

darinangel said...

I loved all those pictures and I really think Lacy looks like your mom.

Emily said...

So I agree with all those ladies above. I couldn't think of a more perfect group of friends to have than my family! We have many "adopted" sisters and we love them all too. We talk about them in love often! I pray daily that I can be the kind of mom that I have! I gotta stop or I'm going to cry! And Sara helped with the song selection! She's the music queen!

tracyp said...

happy big day to Mama!

Kathleen said...

What a great tribute to your beautiful mother! '51 was also the year both my in-laws were born. It's a wonderful year! And, Sara, you look pretty ALL the time to me. You always have.