Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flower Pins

image source
I found this flower by Not Martha over on Holidash. I decided to make one for my mother for her birthday party. I bought some felt off the bolt on sale at Hobby Lobby. You get way more for less than buying the sheets. And I like the thickness better.
Here's how it turned out.
The other flower pin I made by picking up an artificial blooming rose out of the clearance bin at Pier One for $.98, cutting off the stem and hot gluing it to a broach pin. You may have noticed it in the pictures from the party. I wore it on the not so flattering pink shirt that I just bought that did not flatter my already large chest. The same new pink shirt that I washed and dried without reading the directions (cut on the bias, oops)which now looks more like a mid-drift than a blouse. I guess it's no great loss, it wasn't flattering anyway. (Can you tell I have body image issues?!) Did I mention it wasn't flattering?
Anyway...make a flower and pin it on something. It will make you smile when you see it and they are super easy to make. My pink rose is now pinned on my bag and looks darling. Don't you want to look darling?

No comments: