Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Bliss

Today is Bliss's 6th birthday. I will spare you of all the "I remember when he was born..." stories, since I sort-of went over that when school started. Granted it was an experience that will neither be soon nor easily forgotten.
We celebrated today with some of his favorites things...
             ....sprinkle cookies and Capri-Suns for his kindergarten class.
             ....a trip to Sonic during Happy Hour for an orange slush.
             ....dinner at McDonald's for a McNugget Happy Meal with Ranch dip. Always scrumptious.
             ....a stop by a Blockbuster kiosk for a copy of Sonic X (I agreed for a special occasion).
We threw in a trip to Hobby Lobby and FedEx, but those were not part of his favorite things. I suppose he had a good day.
Happy Birthday to you...my firstborn. I look forward to the years to come. And my greatest wish for you is to trust in the Lord.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It sounds like Bliss had a very good birthday. Your wish for him is beautiful. How could a mother wish anything better for her child?