Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Seven Year Itch

 
These are probably the most recent pictures I have of Blasen. 
That same weekend we were in Tuscaloosa, Blasen had a birthday and we celebrated our anniversary. Well, I say celebrated, but it wasn't quite what I had in mind. Cleaning out your rental property in the sweltering Alabama heat, then running in to a restaurant in your sweaty clothes 5 minutes before they close is not usually what you picture for a night out celebrating your marriage. But, hey, that's how we roll. 
Yes, we just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary and there were no itches scratched....extramaritally that is. Grandma Archibald asked if got the 7 Year Itch and I told her the truth..."No, I'm too tired." All joking aside, the past seven years have been great and like everyone else...quite bumpy. The important part is that we work together...99% of the time. And when we don't, we learn our lesson to do so the next time something comes our way. We've learned what we can do together and I know there's much more out there waiting for us. 







P.S. Did you know the film The Seven Year Itch is where this iconic photo came from?

1 comment:

tracyp said...

Happy late anniversary!