Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

To whoever said potty training girls is easier, all I have to say is "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"
Any suggestions for this "hot mess"? I usually employ the theory of potty boot camp and it's worked in the past. Bliss took awhile and Zade was a dream. Isla....oh, Isla. She is just trying my patience. You may think, "well, she wasn't ready." But I thought she was because she always wanted to sit on the toilet, wanted to wear her big girl panties, wanted to do it all by herself. Now, we've completely reverted back to baby mode. And I don't appreciate it!
It's weird, because when we're out on errands or visiting someone or at church, she always tells me or someone that she needs to potty. At home, no such luck. I find a puddle, smell poop, or she comes to let me know that she just peed in the floor. What gives? I'm not sure. I'm about ready for an exchange...she's broke!



2 comments:

Jeni said...

Bribing with candy never hurts...hey, whatever it takes! My mom potty trained Sara Katherine in a week when we moved out here over Christmas. I missed that whole process and it doesn't make me sad at all. Hang in there! :)

tracyp said...

did she revert back about the time of lil' bro's arrival? Isabel did the same thing (not with the baby arrival, but reverting) It didn't take too much longer for her to get the hang of it. the pooping took a couple months to totally fix.