Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hello Real World

Yesterday, Bliss officially became a kindergartner and I the mother of a kindergartner. He started school and life as we know it has changed forever.  How the time has flown from this


to this

I did not cry nor did I shout for joy...exactly. Blasen dropped him off at school and I picked him up after a 1/2 day. Tomorrow starts the full days of school and Bliss is really looking forward to staying the entire time. He actually woke up before I came down to get him yesterday. And this from the boy that doesn't usually roll out of bed until 7:30 or 8:00. I feared starting school at 7:35 was going to be a tough one. Right now we're okay, but I'm sure once the excitement of school wears off, he'll hate getting up that early. Instead of getting all new clothes and supplies, he surprised me with wanting to use his dad's backpack from his mission and his Uncle Remington's (aka Chief) old lunchbox. He was set and ready to go with 30 minutes to spare.
Getting up early has helped me. I'm getting more done in the morning. Unfortunately, Kipp and Isla have decided to wake-up earlier than normal too. It's like there is some internal connection between me and my children. Every time I try to get up and get things done before they wake, it never fails that they get up too. I like having a bit of time getting things going and waking myself up. After years of attempting to become a morning person, I've about given up. I'm just not. An older friend of mine told me to just give up, because after 3 kids,  the oldest being 17, and years of trying herself, she's never been able to become a cheerful morning person.
So, we are now a school going, activity attending, and I'm sure soon to be a sport participating family. (Blasen even suggested I start looking for a bigger family vehicle...ack!) We've left our little bubble of a world where we come and go as we please and do whatever our hearts desire. Hello real world...good-bye life as I've known it.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I wrote a post just like this one a year ago...hang on! Life is about to go into fast-forward!! Can't believe oru boys are so big!