Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Eat This...

Carnitas from Pioneer Woman cooks
I saw this recipe for Carnitas the other day on The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I've seen this done before and was looking for something new to try out for dinner. This is a dish from Pam Anderson (the cook...not the model) and her weekend with PW. The recipe comes from her book Perfect One-Dish Dinners.
photo from Amazon.com
Ya'll it was dee-lish-us! Go over and find the recipe and give it a try. I only made one change...I didn't have any green chiles so I used a can of Rotel with jalapenos. It added a great kick. It wasn't too hot though, the kids even liked it. I had to cook it about 30minutes longer than the recommended time to make it pull-apart tender. I'm sure you could even throw it into the slow cooker for the day. And try not to use a Lodge Dutch Oven like I did...it's all I had and I held my breath the entire time that my oven rack would hold. One day I will have one of those wonderful cast-iron dutch ovens for indoor cooking.

No comments: