I've been thinking I would post all week long and here it is Friday and I have a few moments to sit and write something. Blasen was gone the first part of this week for business and I thought I'd be able to catch-up then, but what I really needed to catch-up on was the laundry. I had washed it Friday and Monday it was still sitting in the laundry room waiting to be folded. I always forget how much a new baby adds to your laundry. I decided that I'm going to now have to start doing laundry two times a week so I can keep on top of it. It's a lot to do in one day...wash, dry, fold, and put away. I like it all finished in one day.
In addition to the laundry this has been preoccupying my time....
He likes being held and thinks he needs to eat a lot.
This little girl still loves holding her little brother. She also has decided that she wants to use the big girl potty. She's been leaning that way for awhile and I know it's bad, but I was hoping to hold her off for a while...at least until I got a better grip on things. At the same time, I was afraid her interest would wane and I would have a fight on my hands. So far, it hasn't been that bad. The first day is always the worst, but yesterday we had 1 accident and today we've had none so far. Bliss has, by far, been my most difficult to potty train and I think it was because I waited too long and I was too much of a softy then. Now I'm a hardened, tough, no nonsense kind of mom!
And here is what else I have to deal with. Yikes...they're crazies!
We're getting back to our normal routine. We go to the library...the summer reading program just started and the kids are excited to read all their books to receive a reward. Isla's even into it this summer. I started back going to the gym a couple of weeks ago. It's working the stress off. I've even taken all 4 to the splash pad. I didn't think I'd be able to do that by myself, but it worked out well. We've also taken Kipp to the doctor several times...his bellybutton is healing the way it ought. I think we've had bellybutton issues with 3 out of 4 of our children. I don't know what it is about the Archibald bellybutton...maybe it's me...I don't know. It looks like we're good to go now.
Kipp is growing and growing, just over 10lbs now. I can believe it for how much he enjoys eating. He is starting to smile on purpose for us. It's like he is quite aware how to control smiling, but he's getting there. Blasen thinks we brought home the wrong baby in that he doesn't think Kipp definitely has his own unique look. I think he is going to be our first brown eyed baby though. The other 3 have these brilliant blue eyes that neither Blasen or I inherited and we've always had to explain our recessive genes(I actually think blue eyes are dominant if I remember my genetics lessons correctly).
I have been able to read a bit lately. It actually took me a while to get focused enough to read. I know that sounds weird, but I haven't been focused enough to do much of anything. I've read 2 more Hannah Swenson Mysteries by Joanne Fluke...funny and easy reads.
Two of the four are asleep now, so I'm going to try and get some other things done. I have a whole list of sewing and craft projects that I'd like to tackle sometime soon. Wish me luck!
P.S. Summer starts next week....I must find time to redo my blog background. Maybe I can convince Blasen to take on child care duties for a few hours tonight or tomorrow....it may take some great convincing!
4 comments:
Don't you worry Baby Kipp...your Aunt Lacy is on her way very soon hold you as much as you like.
He needs you...I need you. We're doing fine, just brief moments of insanity that's all. We can't wait for your visit.
Don't know how you do it, Sara. After a crazy day with Price, Aubrey patted me on the back and said, "And Sara has three of them." Still need to make it up for a visit...
I don't know how I missed this...so cute!!!
And, sorry to tell you, but your memory of Punnett Squares has failed you. Brown is the dominant gene as far as eye color goes. Lilah only ended up with her baby blues because I carry the recessive blue-eyed gene from my daddy, and it wisely decided to stand up and be counted when met with solid blue eyed gene pool :-)
Post a Comment