This week was Isla's birthday and I kept thinking all week that I'd post some photos. Here they are, finally.
She got cupcakes this year, which no one complained about. (I personally loved the strawberry cream cheese icing...easy to do, just add strawberry jello to cream cheese icing. The leftover being incorporated to the Easter bunny cake this week.) Lots easier than an entire cake and after a day full of fun, I was pooped. We started with the gym, then the library for a special puppet show, then the park for play and lunch with friends, then to Sonic for Happy Hour, then home to start dinner and said cupcakes. That about did me in for the week, but the next morning was to the doctor for the 2year old check-up. Thankfully, everyone was very cooperative. We escaped, after almost 2hours, with one shot and 3, surprisingly well-behaved, children that earned a visit to McDonald's.
Here's our baby girl, not so much a baby any more. She is a very willing helper for her mom and dad. Isla adores her brothers and tags right along in whatever adventure they're on. She is a very girly girl wanting lotion applied, nails painted, hair done, perfume spritzed, skirt on, and baby dolls at her side. Now if we could just get her to talk more.
Here's the birthday girl with her crazy brothers. She is loving this matching game of cupcakes from Great-Grandma Archibald. I'm not sure what Blasen did to the camera to make the picture turn out so blue...he was toying around with the settings.
Well, I better run off and start our Sunday morning routine.
3 comments:
Give that little girl a hug and kiss for me! We love her so much and she is so beautiful! Can't wait to see you guys in July..if you're still around! :)
Happy Birthday Isla!!
So I just had a couple thoughts. (Besides how ridiculously cute Isla's little pig tails are!) 1. This is the first pregnancy when I haven't seen you pregnant in person at some stage of it anyway, AT ALL. That makes me sad. 2. This is also the first pregnancy when (I'm pretty sure anyway) we will not have overlapped in pregnancies, even if only for a little while as was the case last time. That one doesn't make me as sad as the first, except I really liked that our first two kids were born within days of each other, and then our third were both girls. I've just got no cool stories to share about this one, but I will love it (in honor of not disclosing gender to those who don't want to know it?) all the same.
You are almost there! Sprint to the end! (Or sleep and nap...either would be appropriate!)
Post a Comment