Friday, April 8, 2011

Baby Quilt


Here's my latest project for the new baby. This is just a quilt for the bassinet. The crib quilt I haven't started on yet, but I do have all the material. Since he won't be in the crib for several months, I can postpone starting it for just a bit. This quilt is one of those Faux Chenille blankets. I've seen them on line, but never in person and I thought it would be fun to make one. Here are some links to tutorials I've seen. Here's one at Aesthetic Nest and another at MADE. It really didn't take that long and I really like the way it turned out. Here's a picture of the back side.
The front fabric I actually found at Wal-Mart. The flannel I found on clearance at JoAnn's (we just had one open in Huntsville). And the binding I made from a sheet I found at a thrift store. It's been sort-of difficult to find boyish fabric that isn't blue. I loved the idea of grays, but it's been hard to find them without flower print on them. Then I originally wanted orange, but Blasen said he hates orange, so my second choice was green more on the chartreuse side. So there's my scheme and my first project. I have a list of others and we'll see what I actually get to.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I was wondering on nursery colors. Question answered.

Unknown said...

I just went to a baby shower last week and one of these was given. I thought it was the coolest thing!! Love the colors!