Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Clean a Shower

Any volunteers on helping a very pregnant lady clean her shower? Honestly, cleaning the shower is one of my least favorite things to do, but I love me a super clean shower. I asked Blasen last night how much I would have to pay him to clean the shower. This is how that conversation went.

S: "How much would I have to pay you to clean the shower?"
B: "Just throw a sponge in there."
S: "Is there a little elf that comes in at night to clean if we leave a sponge in the shower?"
B: "Nooo. I'll clean it in the morning."
S: quite astounded and hopeful "You're going to clean the shower while you shower in the morning?"
B: "Yeah...I'll just use my foot to push the sponge around."
S: hopes deflated "Never mind."

I wanted to respond..."Yeah, why didn't I ever think of that? Why do I have to use two different kinds of cleaner and get on my hands and knees to scrub with a sponge scrubber and old toothbrush when all I have to do is push a sponge around with my foot?"
I figured my "never mind" was a kinder response.
Wonder how many showers that man's cleaned in his life? And I didn't write this to be dis'in my hubby...I just thought it very funny how he thought he could actually clean the shower with a sponge and his foot.

Well, I traded out the gym work-out this morning for cleaning the shower. Those two burn the same amount of calories right? At least I have a sparkling clean shower...cleaned to my standards.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, my...I have to tell you my latest shower story! I too love a clean shower. The only bad thing is that ours has this perminate mold around the bottom. I have tried everything...including stripping and re-caulking. So I was cleaning it this week on my hands and knees. I even came up with great way to really get the mold out of the tile grout. I had an old electric toothbrush! My arm was still burning but it looks good! I also have to say Danny is a pretty good shower cleaner. Not like us but good!

Jeni said...

That is too funny! :) Cleaning bathtubs and showers and mopping are my least favorite household chores. My friend has a cleaning lady that comes every other week to clean her entire house, and I've seriously thought about asking her how much she would charge just to mop my floors and clean the showers every other week. But as long as I owe money to anyone for anything, I don't feel like I can pay a cleaning lady. Darn it. :( But, there is a product I just started using on our bathtubs and shwoers that works awesome. It's the Kaboom Bathroom cleaner that when you spray it comes out purprle and then the foam beocmes clear. Then you just wipe it off. You don't even have to use water. It's amazing. No more scrubbing. It costs more than just the regular foaming bathroom cleaners, but is worth it to me! Spray on, wipe off!

tracyp said...

ahahaha!!!!! So funny!