Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking My Blog Back


I really need to do something about this boring looking blog. Thankfully, Spring is just about officially here and starts a little early in Alabama. Blasen will be off to China soon and that will give me the time at night to sit and try to come up with something creative. We'll see if that works to plan. These days I fall asleep whenever I sit down. It does not matter how much or little I sleep at night, I fall asleep if I sit in one place too long...well, I fall asleep or some part of my body goes to sleep. Point is...ugly blog must go. It's sort-of stark just like winter has been. 
And I'm totally hoping my blogging and emailing(for those of you who email me and wonder if I ever check my email or wish to respond...and I do) will improve. Blasen somewhat surprised me with a laptop last night. I've been putting off getting one for years, because I've thought it pointless to have a desktop (which I totally love because of the large screen) and a laptop. I've been looking at netbooks, but haven't been too impressed. I just need something I can use downstairs. Our desktop is in our bedroom, which is upstairs and my day would run lots more efficiently if I had access in the kitchen...where I spend most of my day. So then, when I do have "free" time, I don't have to debate over checking email/making grocery list or sewing/crafting. Like you all wanted to know my rationalization behind the purchase. But thanks to Blasen who made the decision for me and just brought it home. No deciding which I liked best or what was the best deal...he did it for me and that was WONDERFUL! 
Wondering about the picture up top? I loved this quilt idea from Martha Stewart Living...I think January's magazine. I wanted to do a quilt for new baby and couldn't decide what to do. Love this idea of ONE log cabin square. And it's in seersucker...which I love also. I'm hoping to get that started here soon. 

No comments: