| Lady Bird |
Last week I found a bird sitting in the windowsill of the kids' bathroom. The window is a little different...no sill on the inside, but about a 6 inch sill on the outside. She got scared when I first came in and flew off. I could tell she was starting to build a nest, but wasn't sure she would come back, especially after she was scared-off several times by the boys barging into the bathroom. The next day she was there and she flew off again and we saw she had built up her nest a bit more and laid an egg. She became acclimated to our rowdy environment and decided to stick around. Because of this, we haven't been able to check on the eggs since last week...until yesterday. She must have flown off for some breakfast and left the nest for us to peek in on. Here is what we found.
So now we check in daily on our lady bird and can't wait to celebrate the birth of her babies. Granted, I think her job is easier than mine. I think I would like to sit on a nest instead of carrying this beast of a parasite around...as baby gives me a swift kick. He must be able to read already! Well, maybe not...she has to sit outside with no entertainment beyond hearing our comings and goings and staring at our neighbors house. So, good luck lady bird.
1 comment:
I love it! Our favorite was in AL when the rabbit had babies outside our big front window! We loved checking on them and enjoyed seeing them venture out as little bunnies. We really loved it and your boys will just be so excited to see those babies!
Post a Comment