Sunday, March 20, 2011

Desk Chair Makeover

All the great intentions to update the blog have failed to come to fruition...yet. I still have a few more days before Blasen comes home from China. But then he'll only be home for 2 days and gone again. I did, however, work hard last week with the kiddos gone.
Here's one of the projects I tackled while they were off visiting grandparents.

Remember this guy?

Well, he looks like this now...

After a little dismantling, a brief sanding, some primer and paint the base was finished. Then I took off the old vinyl, piping and padding from the seat and back and recovered with this fabric I found on the remnant table at Hancocks a while back for $4.
I like the end result...especially since all I really bought was the fabric and cording to make the piping. Everything else I had on hand. One day there will be a matching desk to go with it. I didn't get around to it last week. I will post some of the other things I did last week. You may not really care, but I love seeing what others have done in their house or made, etc. So, I'll share with you.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Love it!

nbarnes2 said...

so cute! im way impressed. its gorgeous! i'm like you, i love seeing other people's projects.

The Thomas Family said...

Sara...
Just hold on. I haven't checked a lot of blogs in a long time because I haven't been able to post for a long time. But, you're having #4 in 9 weeks?!!?!? That's so great.
You're the best. I wish we could hang out.
I love all the stuff you make/redo, etc. I LOVE that chair. I am USELESS in that department all around.

Ashley said...

That's really beautiful.

Rachael M. said...

This looks awesome. I remember how impressed I was when you refinished those old 50s aluminum chairs with the formica table in your and Jeni's townhouse! I want to do stuff like this. I kind of have this idea of doing a lot of my own furniture re-dos soon. Not that I'll have the time...but it's still my idea. LOL

You need to check out this artist whose studio is just down the street from me. You might find some inspiration:
http://knackstudios.blogspot.com/

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous! I'm looking forward to catching glimpses of some of your other amazing projects. Hope your week went well despite the pervading emptiness in your house. That's very wise of you to make the most of that time before your new baby boy arrives. Congratulations, by the way, on your third son (I'm not sure if I ever commented on that)!

Sara said...

Rachael...funny you mentioned that shop, I think they were in Southern Living this past month and was going to ask you if you'd been by there. I will definitely have to take a look at their blog.