Sunday, March 13, 2011

All By Myself

So the time is here...I'm all alone...well, tomorrow I will be. I'm sort-of sad. I would have preferred the kids' spring break with the grandparents not coincide with Blasen's China trip, but what can you do? His trip got moved up a week, so I'll have the week to work on stuff uninterrupted. Can you imagine what that will be like!?! I'm working on a plan to make the best use of my time. That's so me...making a list! 

Included on my list is:
   Find/buy fabric for baby quilt, Isla's Easter dress, and computer case
   finish up Zade's birthday gifts
   refurbish sewing desk and chair as seen in a previous post
   hit all thrift stores in town and even a few antique shops
   must remodel blog background...it needs new life and a springier look

Since I'll be painting the sewing desk, I'll be moving sewing downstairs. This will be just fine since no kids will be around, but lets hope for no house showings this week. Shh...don't let Blasen know that I wished for that.

Hopefully I'll get some, if not all, of this done this week. I may even get my neighbors roman shades hung that I've recently finished. And it may help pay for all this fabric I'm on the search for.

This may all look very adventurous, but I have this week to get started and most of next week that Blasen will be gone. Then, he's home for like 3 days and gone again for another week. So I have a little time and I have to decide what I really want to get done before baby gets here. I have 9 weeks left and then my world will be dumped upside down and most projects will be on hold. I want to make sure there aren't half finished projects because that will just drive me crazy. I'm making a book list for after the baby is born, because I usually don't get around to sewing and such for awhile after a new baby. And let's cross our fingers...maybe we can actually move this summer. So send me your book titles that I should check out.

I'll try to get photos of what I do for your inquiring minds. Also, the stairs were finished this week and they look superb. I'm glad that's over with...nothing like doing lunges up the stairs while 7 months pregnant.

So a full and fun week ahead. Let's hope I don't get too lonely. I know many of you may be envious, but honestly, after about a day I get lonely. I also am anxious most of the time because I don't have anyone around. I know, I know...crazy, but I guess that happens when you're used to constantly being surround by near chaos. It will be good for them and me...I guess. Wish me luck!

No comments: