Friday, February 25, 2011

Future Furniture Refashions

1 of 4 chairs
lady's writing desk serves as sewing table for now
old chest of drawers that I originally refinished in college
piano sounds better than it looks
chiffirobe serving at sewing cabinet
"new" telephone table/nightstand

my chest of drawers that goes with bed in guest house
bookshelf found in our previous house

1 of 2 slipper chairs

Okay...we'll go with the weird picture format. Why all the pictures of random furniture pieces? Because this week, as I added that telephone table/night stand to my collection, I realized that I have lots of furniture refinishing projects that need to be done. And there are more not pictured. Some will require not much work at all...a little sanding and painting. While others, i.e. the slipper chairs (there's two), are things I've not done before. I've reupholstered before, but not on this scale. I just find interesting things and for a good price and all they need is a little love. All of these are well made (ok...the chiffirobe is old and needs a lot of love), solid wood pieces. I love solid wood furniture. And the point is, I need to get started on some of this, huh? Quite practical with baby #4 on the way. Well, there will never be quiet time to do something like this...but by goodness I'll find it. I bought new handles for the desk and fabric for one wooden chair that will go with the desk. So, I'm making progress. I hope to do a few in the next few months. 




1 comment:

tracyp said...

Nothing like finding a good piece of furniture to redecorate! Have fun