Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trying to update some stuff on the blog. I added some of my favorite music from late. Sorry it's cut in half right now, but I have plans in the works for a newer background. The weather's been so nice that we've been out quite a bit lately, taking advantage of some real fall weather.
Blasen is getting ready to leave again...this time for China. He goes over a couple times a year and it's time again. He's gone for a couple of weeks, but gets a lot done when he's there. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the suitcase is still on the bedroom floor partially packed. It feels like he just got home from WI...wait, he did just get home. Blasen's grandmother is coming in to town to visit, so we're excited about seeing her, right before Blasen leaves.
We've had a great sadness this week...and it's been occupying my thoughts all week. Last Wednesday, we received word that a friend of ours was killed in Afghanistan. I'm still coming to understand exactly what I'm feeling over all this. Above all, a great sadness for his mother in particular. Maybe it's just because I'm a mother too. As weird as it sounds, when people die, I'm saddened more for those left behind than for the person gone. I firmly believe Mark is way happier where he is now...but from a mother's heart...I couldn't imagine a loss like that. Mark's mother, or "Mama Pat", as we always referred to her, is a marvelous woman that has always amazed me with the endless love she has for her children. She's definitely someone to look-up to. Mark will be greatly missed by us all and I'm glad I new him and will always be grateful to him for several reasons...specifically for trusting in the Lord when it came to his purpose in life. If we could all embrace our purpose without fear or shame...we'd all be better people.
Thanks again Mark.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I too hurt more for those left behind with the loss. Mothers and fathers I think of the most. Thanks for sharing your thoughts you always do such a great job!

Cheyenne said...

I had almost gone 24 hours without crying. Thanks for breaking my record. And touching my heart. See you soon!