The kids and I went to Ragland for a few days. I had great intentions to take pictures...I even took the camera, but no pictures were taken.
We mainly swam, swam, and swam some more. We got home today waterlogged, sun-kissed, and worn-out.
Bliss has given up the life vest, except for jumping off the diving board and going down the slide. He's not quite that good yet, but he loves to jump in the shallow end, including doing flips. He also swims to the bottom to pick-up dive sticks.
Bliss terrified Zade at the beginning of the summer about drowning, so now Zade won't jump into the pool. He does swim all around the pool with his vest on and loves being in the water....he's just very cautious, which is good.
Isla loves the water. She floats around in her inner-tube most of the time. Aunt Elizabeth took her down the slide this week and she loved it. I went down with her a couple of times today. She wants to do it over and over and over again. The same with jumping in off the side. I have to make sure I'm watching or she just launches herself in.
Sorry for the boring post, but just wanting to remember these milestones in the case one day I actually get motivated to put together a scrapbook of sorts for my children.
BTW...I started reading The Lost Symbol...so far, so good.
4 comments:
Elizbeth went down the slide? With Isla?
That has to be against the I-just-had-a-C-section rules! :)
And it surprises me not at all with Blasen for Bliss's daddy that he is a fish!
Fun times!
Yes, Elizabeth was celebrating her new freedom of swimming. She just got the okay this week. What better way than to slide down a slide with a one year old over your head!
Jeni, I assure you, that for me I healed faster from my C-section than my 2 "natural" deliveries. If that's what you want to call them. LOL!
The kids had a great time playing with their cousins! I love it that all the kiddos are such little swimmers - gotta keep it in the family.
Post a Comment