Thursday, May 27, 2010

She's Done...Glory Be

While I'm waiting for pictures to upload I'll tell you about my continuous computer problems. I swear I have no luck when it comes to technology. Right after Blasen left a couple weeks ago the computer wouldn't restart. It must really like Blasen or something, because after 2 weeks of my fiddling efforts, I got nowhere. So, of course, when he gets home, he gets it to work. By this point, I'm set on getting a new computer. Blasen saved all my files from the hard drive to our external drive(thank you dear!) and found us a new computer. It came today and I've set it up. It seems to be working just fine. I hope I haven't cursed this one too. It's nice having a bigger screen (went with the 20") and nothing's like a well lit screen I can actually see. I have to say I like Windows 7 also. Now I just have to find the discs for all our programs. I have a feeling I won't be getting the new Adobe Suite anytime soon.
The pictures are starting to load, so I'll start our home tour, as requested. And you will see that I haven't been making up stories about hours of hard work, tedious painting, and complete remodel. Granted, I guess you'd have to see before pictures, but that won't be happening tonight. Maybe you won't be as impressed, but here's the finished product anyway.

Here's the front of the house.


Guest house and shed

Foyer, pic 1

Foyer, pic 2

Living room (not a great picture...too much sunlight coming in)

dining room
downstairs bath

tub in downstairs bath

Kitchen, pic 1

Kitchen, pic 2

kitchen, pic 3

Mudroom.

Laundry room.

Second angle from laundry room.

Zade and Isla's room.

Zade and Isla's room, pic 2

Zade and Isla's room, pic 3

The kid's bathroom. There is a toilet...it's behind the door.

Bliss's room that also doubles as playroom.

Bliss's room. (He used to be in with the other kids, but he goes to bed later and was continuously waking Isla...so out he went)

Master bath shower
Master bath vanity.

Master bath toilet

Master bedroom.

Master closet, pic 1 (wall to left actually has a full length mirror, as in 5'x8')

Master closet, pic 2
So there you go. I know that was a lot...but you asked for it. I love my house and hate to have to leave it. For now, we're enjoying it. If you know any potential buyers....send them my way. And a huge thanks to my dear sweet husband Blasen, and our friends and family that have helped us tremendously (especially recently) in our endeavors here with the Cartright House. I look forward to seeing what's next.
Now that I'm back to the blogosphere, expect some more posts. I have lots that I need to update you on.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Awesome. Totally awesome. I am only sad that you will not be able to enjoy it as you deserve too. But it will be someone else's dream home. Well done, Archibalds, well done. :)

Katie Boggus said...

Looks FANTASTIC!!

Jennie said...

Everything looks great! I hope that I can write my own "I'm finished with the house" post soon. Loved seeing you guys this weekend!

Rachael M. said...

I cannot IMAGINE that not selling quickly. It is amazing.

tracyp said...

I hope you breathed a huge sigh and just sat for a couple of days! nicely done.. now on to packing and moving! ;p

nbarnes2 said...

i love it so much. i love old home charm. i mean of course i say that from a distance b/c i've never lived in one (too much work hehehe) seriously though i love love love it. i would love to live there after y'all fixed it up so nice!

Unknown said...

i love it soeur!! great job!

Likely said...

Way to go! thank you so much for your comment on my blog. Every bit of advice helps! I think it is so hard to know what is trendy or not -- don't you think? I am sure the people who designed the house we are moving into thought that mauve toilets would never go out of style!! ha ha! I just have to go with what I love. I think my taste is pretty traditional...

thank you again for taking the time to comment, it means a lot! I am interested to know how much yout renovation cost, do you have any good websites or sources to share?? You can email me at tiffanyrueckert(at)hotmail(dot)com