Today I worked on my china cabinet/hutch/built-in...whatever you want to call it. I finally got all the doors and drawers painted, which is a feat since it's been so cold. I ended up taking the space heater into the laundry room and painting in there. Since my thighs were super sore today from hitting the gym super hard this week(got to get back in the swing of things), I decided to take a break and work on unpacking everything that should go in a china cabinet but has been packed in a closet for the past 5 years. I debated back and forth and decided to unpack my china. It was all still in the gift boxes and tightly wrapped in foam peanuts and wrappers. I kept thinking, "when we move again I'll want to protect them." Well, I just saved the foam wrapping and have a garbage bag full of foam peanuts waiting on me to decide what to do with them. It's been so long, I'd forgotten what my china looks like! And Blasen's never even seen it before. It looks lots better displayed. I only displayed 4 sets and stacked the rest. I think I like this look. If I displayed all the settings, I wouldn't have room for other things. I'm still waiting on the glass panes and then it should be complete.
One thing that has to go from this picture is the hideous stereo. Blasen was laughing at this picture tonight. I'm hoping I get the under cabinet radio/CD player I've been requesting for my birthday. My other birthday wish is new pots and pans. Considering the radio is the cheaper of the two, I'm routing for the radio.
I've also hung some art. To the right you see my beautiful poppies print I've had for years. And to the left is an original Rachael Muldrow. She painted it for me last year and I just got a frame for it. She actually gave me the poppies print too. She has great taste.
Also in the picture you see my nasty looking bananas...just right for some banana nut bread with chocolate chips!
7 comments:
Love the cabinet! They still have that under mounted radio thing at Target Danny was telling me about. Also, we have the most beautiful vibrant, Robin that comes to our front window everyday! The brightest blue with a bright red tummy! I love seeing him!
Aw - you are so sweet to hang that picture. Since I am NOT a painter, it was as much an experiment as it was a gift, and I was a bit ashamed to give it to you, knowing how much a better job of it someone else could have done. But I'm so glad you like it!
That cabinet looks like a shoot straight out of Southern Living, though! I hope we get to redo our butler's pantry one day. Those crookedy, non-closing doors and things have got.to.go.
And I was just about to suggest that those bananas were just begging to be banana bread :-)
Yay! Love all the catch-up posts. Glad to see the boys loved the hot wheels. Love the china cabinet. Love sweet Miss Isla. Love.love.love. :)
I agree with Rachel...the cabinet looks like a magazine shot. I'm glad you got to unpack the china. I don't even have any; but, that is probably a good thing given the level of destruction we live among! ;)
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! What is the name of your China? Was wondering if it is the same as mine. It's so funny to read this because I have been married for 9 years and just unpacked my china. I have not had anywhere to display it, but my mother-in-law just gave me her beautiful china cabinet. Unfortunately, I only have 3 full place settings and is has been discontinued.
I think I'm on the verge of unpacking my china, too, after 7 years of marriage. I've only used it once. I think mine is pretty similar to yours. LOVE the under cabinet CD player. I have one and I use it every single day. I'm still planning on a day trip to see the finished product just as soon as we get the sickness out of our house.
I really like how your cabinet turned out. It all looks great and I have to say, I'm just a bit jealous you have an original Rachel Muldrow painting!
Post a Comment