Much to my chagrin, I overcame my weight-loss plateau by catching that pesky stomach virus my family was all too willing to share with me. Even after I held heads over bowls, toilets, and sinks, wiped brows with cool, damp rags, cleaned clothes and beds, and found whatever flavor of gatorade anyone could want...I'm repaid this way? So goes motherhood, right? Thankfully, I caught the nasty thing before Miss Isla, so she escaped thanks to my fighting immune system. I've never asked Blasen to stay home from work, but I did that day. I can do a lot and I probably could have survived that day without Blasen...I just didn't have it in me. So thanks to my hubby for staying home and taking care of the kids.
I've just been cleaning, trying to feel like my house isn't infected any longer. It's times like these that I wish I could just put my entire house in the washing machine...or better yet, the dishwasher.
I made plans again to go celebrate my birthday with Blasen. Mother Nature decided to ruin it this time. The freezing rain/sleet started Friday morning right when I was loading the kids in the car to head to Huntsville. We made it through one store with my sister and her kids and called it a day. The only place you normally find icicles in AL is the inside of your freezer. So when there are icicles hanging off car bumpers, that's when you should head to the house. Unfortunately, the stomach virus had kept us shut in all week and we were all ready to kill each other...eer, maybe that was just me.
We all survived and maybe it made us stronger. While we were all green in the gills, Miss Isla was loving life and her new found mobility. Yes, she's taken up full-time walking. Well, we'll say she walks more than she crawls. It's so funny to watch her, because she has to concentrate and it's a lot easier if she has something in her hands. She thinks she's so big. My baby has grown too fast! Bliss says Isla's too big now, so we need a new baby. I think that sometimes too...then she wakes me up at 2am to eat and I think "do I really want another one of these?" But remember, I have given up on getting any kind of substantial, meaningful sleep.
To finish off my week, I did get to finally get my "new to me" serger out of the box, thread it, and practice a bit. I've had it for a few months now and never had the nerve to get it out. It intimidates me...I won't lie. If something has 4 different things to thread and requires tweezers to actually thread it, it can be intimidating. But I did it and can't wait to use it again.
3 comments:
Sorry you've all been sick. Ick. And I don't know what that fancy machine does, but it looks like it could be fun!
Yeah for sergers!!!! I would love to grace one.... I just have to do a bit more sewing 1st. I'm glad everyone is feeling better and hope you can at least air out your house soon!
Girl - My serger scares the crap out of me.
And maybe Isla can teach Lilah how to walk. The girl has no idea it can be done. She needs to see the process in action more, I guess? She just now has gotten to like walking with you holding her hands...she used to just sit down if you tried to do that. LOL
Another baby? Y'all is crazy!!!
Post a Comment