In addition to the second wall of upper cabinets, we were able to start the floors. I know you're thinking this doesn't seem like a lot was completed, but can I tell you that we worked from Saturday morning until 11:30 at night to get those cabinets assembled and hung, then installed a 3ftx14ft section of flooring. No joke. Those dang home renovation shows on HGTV and the sorts totally fool you on how long it really takes to do anything. They make it look so easy. The floors are now easy, but the first couple rows we had to nail in without a nail gun because you're too close to the wall. I thought poor Blasen was going to lose his religion with that experience. Hopefully, we can do some tonight since we have a better feel of it. It put the wood in place and he nails them down. We're no professionals, but I think they're looking good.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Kitchen Reno cont.
In addition to the second wall of upper cabinets, we were able to start the floors. I know you're thinking this doesn't seem like a lot was completed, but can I tell you that we worked from Saturday morning until 11:30 at night to get those cabinets assembled and hung, then installed a 3ftx14ft section of flooring. No joke. Those dang home renovation shows on HGTV and the sorts totally fool you on how long it really takes to do anything. They make it look so easy. The floors are now easy, but the first couple rows we had to nail in without a nail gun because you're too close to the wall. I thought poor Blasen was going to lose his religion with that experience. Hopefully, we can do some tonight since we have a better feel of it. It put the wood in place and he nails them down. We're no professionals, but I think they're looking good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those cabinets look absolutely perfect! Great job on the section of your floor, too. I can only imagine what tedious work that must have been, but well worth it!!
I am so out of the loop. Loved catching up on all the progress. It is going to look so great when it's all done (before Christmas!!) Maybe I'll get to see it when we're back in February if you guys are still in Decatur.
i don't get tired of your 're-doing your house' posts at all. i love to see before and after pictures of stuff like that! i really like your cabinets and floors. i tend to like darker things, too.
Sara,
Your house looks fantastic! You guys have worked so hard. I remember the "before" of the front door! I love reading your Renovation updates. Can't wait to see the finished product.
wow!! those look amazing!
Ha ha ha! Sara thanks for the laugh and the flashbacks to the 3 kitchens and one whole house hardwood install! If Mike and I were better organized we would have been up to see you and Mike and Blasen could have cranked out the floor and helped with the cabinets! Sorry we're slackers and didn't have your numbers, then our plans were scraped on Saturday etc etc etc. It's looking great and its going to be worth all the chaos!
Post a Comment