Monday, November 30, 2009

Kitchen Reno cont. cont.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We actually enjoyed ourselves...at least I think we did. We stayed home to work on the house, but had fun in the process. Blasen played in the annual "turkey bowl" with some guys from church and I made our own little Thanksgiving. Since we weren't going anywhere, Blasen's only request was mashed potatoes. I figured I could do that much. Along with the baked mashed potatoes, we had ham, green beans, yeast rolls, sweet potato hash(my favorite), apple pie(Blasen's favorite), blueberry jello salad(the obligatory jello dish), and a mexican corn dip I found on line. It took me forever, but was all yummy and I said I wasn't cooking again until Monday...which I didn't.
I know you're thinking I was supposed to be working on the kitchen, right? Well, Blasen had to make some modifications to the pantry before installation and that took most of the day. He also modified the old corner built-in. Friday Blasen's family came for a visit and to watch the game. Thankfully, his dad and brothers could help lift that built-in during installation. I don't think I could have handled that one. It was a beast.


Over the rest of the weekend, I helped with the base cabinets and cleaned up and repainted the windows. I also spray painted the vent covers so they don't have to be that ugly brownish color.

I haven't taken pictures of all the base cabinets in, but they look great. Blasen installed the under-cabinet counter lights tonight. I'm not going to be able to complain about having enough light to work by now.

Also under construction is the blog. I'm trying to come up with something Christmas-y now.


4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Your house is totally coming together. Love it, love it, love it. Your kitchen makes me ansy to start tearing up my kitchen. Unfortunately I can't convince Aubrey that it's a priority. I should send him to look at these pictures...

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Your updated pictures of the kitchen are gorgeous. And the Crimson Tide are still undefeated! Yay! Your dinner sounds like it was delicious :P

The Thomas Family said...

Looks reeeeeally great! I want to come visit you!