Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Miss Isla Update


Blasen is back and we're back to the old grind...work, work, work. We are so hoping to get the upstairs finished this month. We're so close we can taste it. Since that project is wrapping up, of course we've already started a new one. Actually, let me clarify, we hired someone to start the new. Today the exterior of the house was started on. It will receive a much needed paint job. The previous paint job was horrible(little to no scraping of the old paint), not to mention the color being too dark. Today was just washing a scraping. I can't wait to see the final job and thankfully we don't have to do it.
On to my point of this blog...my Miss Isla. She is now four months and still growing, growing, growing. She is so interactive now and it's too much fun. She has been cutting two bottom teeth for the past month and they are almost all the way in. She has mastered the art of rolling over from back to front (the more difficult of the rolls). And she now weighs 12 lbs- 4oz and is 24 inches long. She went for her check up the other day and these were the results along with a shot. My sweet Miss Isla is such a champ, hardly a peep when she was stuck. Another new development is that she is starting to recognize that people are strangers, this includes grandparents and aunts and uncles she doesn't see on a regular basis. Fortunately for Blasen she took only a few seconds to remember dear old Dad. To top off all the milestones, Isla started eating cereal tonight. I know there are many mothers out there that don't start cereal this early, but she has started waking up in the middle of the night again to eat. So tonight we did cereal before she nursed and we'll see how that works.
Just thought I'd give an update to those grandma's and grandpa's, aunts and uncles abroad.
The camera batteries are completely dead...so once I get them recharged I'll get some more pictures of on going projects and the kiddos.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Love that sweet girl! I always started cereal at around 4mos, too. Mine had usually just started sleeping through the night then and then re-started waking up again to eat. Fill that tummy before bed so you can sleep some!

Cheyenne said...

Hope the cereal works! Olivia's giving me problems with waking up for the day before the sun. It's like this is boot camp and she's the drill sargeant, preparing me for things to come...I'd rather not practice, thank you very much.