Sunday, August 23, 2009
Let Heaven and Earth Rejoice...
It's finished! That may sound a bit sacrilegious, but I'm so excited to have it done. The room that was only supposed to take 2 months is now complete after 7 months. We've come to learn with this house that once you tear into something it's always more than what you thought it would be. You find 100 years of bad ideas and fix-its that have to be undone. Our original intentions were to never really have to redo the master suite, but when we were in China a large chunk of the plaster ceiling had fallen....and so it began.
This week I finished up with the painting, with touch-ups to the trim and painting the chimneys. One was already painted and the other was previously covered by plaster. I ended up having to paint both because the painted one was the wrong color. Blasen finished up the wiring and installed the fan and helped to A/C guy get our air working up there. Yesterday I worked on the bedroom door. I scraped all the paint off and hope to sand and stain it tomorrow. Last night we cleaned the carpet and I hope to start moving back in this week. No more sleeping in the dining room!
Also, I did Bliss and Zade's names this week. I used to have them painted white, but I thought I'd modge podge them like Isla's. This is how they turned out.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray, hooray! Also, is that a closet there now? I don't remember that door being there before over by the window?
Love the kids names. I've got my hands in about four or five different projects right now and trying desparately to finish just one of them!
I know you are soooo glad! You know all about our renovation sagas - the livingroom floor should be finished today, fingers crossed.
The names are really cute!
Post a Comment