Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Metamorphosis

After a full week of hard work(sweat, blood, and an aching back) the room is finally done!! Yeah! Now I feel one space in the house has received it's full remodel. The bathroom and bedroom are all done. The bedroom was done right before we left for China and now the bedroom is up to par. I totally couldn't have done it without the help from my little sis Elizabeth. She was such a champ...especially when I worked her to death! Thanks also to my sis Emily for entertaining my kids while I tried to get some work done.
This is after the carpet was ripped up.
Primer on the walls and yellow paint cut in. All in a day's work.
Paint on the walls. I heard somewhere that yellow stimulates learning. I'm hoping it works!
Carpet installed. I went with a darker color, so you can't see stains.
Bliss's corner. I painted a random stripe pattern with a glaze and I guess the only time you can really see it is when you take a picture.
Isla's corner. I'm nervous to have her away from my side. However, I think she'll sleep better in a bed than in the bassinet.
Isla trying out her new digs. Lovin' the cute mobil.
Isla's block letters that I am in the process of making. Thanks Kim for the idea.

Zade's corner. I know things look like they are hung high, but that's my childproofing strategy.
View out into the den, where all the toys will now call home. One day I will redo that chest of drawers. My plan before Zade was born was to paint it white. It is now 2 1/2 years later and still ugly.
What you do not see in these pictures is a new ceiling fan and new plugs. Thanks to my Dad for coming by and giving me a quick electricity lesson. I now know how to wire electrical outlets and hang lighting fixtures.
So it's finished. Now let's hope I can do the same to my room. It's close...so close!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love the stripe in the paint to break up the monotony of the wall! Great color too. And you're so lucky to have a room big enough to fit three kids comfortably in! Blasen will be so glad when he comes home and even more glad he didn't have to do it!

Jennie said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad and the room looks so good. I love the wall color and carpet, too. The stripe was a great touch. It also made me smile to see Isla looking up at her mobile. I'm so glad she likes it!

nbarnes2 said...

so i didn't realize you were working on two rooms in your house at one time with a new baby plus finishing sewing projects. wow sara. when you go for it you really go for it don't you!?!? looks great.

Cheyenne said...

I like the stripes. I did stripes in my NE bath and vowed never again. Go you!

Rachael M. said...

Lilah would be sleeping in a shoe box if it were up to me to finish home projects. And she doesn't even have two older siblings.