Friday, August 7, 2009

The Flower Lady


I was getting ready for my fun-filled week of redoing the kids' room and the doorbell rings. Of course, Bliss answers it before I can even get clothes on (it was early). I think it's my sis Elizabeth coming to help out this week, but no it was the Flower Lady. The Flower Lady is a supplier for a florist just down the road from us. She was looking for the lady that used to live here. I guess she used to sell her extra flowers to the people who used to live in our house. When I told her that obviously they don't live here now and I don't know where they live, she was like "Well do you want some flowers?" She had zinnias($3/15) and sunflowers($6/doz). Who doesn't like fresh cut, beautiful, inexpensive flowers. So...these flowers have made my week. Each time I walk past them I think "they sure our pretty." I'm thinking the Flower Lady and I are going to get well acquainted....

2 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

so that sounds like a dream come true. seriously. those are gorgeous flowers.

Are You Being Messerved said...

That is an awesome picture of the sunflower!! I wonder who took it?? HEHE!! I had a blast with you this week and I can't wait see how their room turns out!