Saturday was the Birmingham Rugby 7's tournament. Blasen's being playing in this for the past 6 years. I forget every year how stinking hot it is during this tournament. Usually they have it the first weekend of June, but this year it was moved to the last weekend of June. Our family has grown over the years, so this year I decided to go get our own pop-up canopy. We've always just squeezed in with the rugby team under their tents, but there are just too many of us now. And I don't particularly like sitting with a bunch of sweaty guys...ones enough for me.
Blasen's team did really well, winning 3 of their 4 games, however, they did not win their pool. So, no going to the finals. That meant we could leave earlier. I was exhausted from the heat, as was Blasen and likely the kids. I kept putting sunscreen on the kiddos, but they all came away with a little sun.
Congrats to Dad and the team for doing well...put sorry no finals. Maybe next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment