Friday, July 10, 2009

My New Toys

Well...I don't know if you would call them toys, but they're new and they're technically mine since I'm the only one that does laundry around here. Yes, I got a new washer and dryer...I think I'll call them Lucy and Ethel. My older washer has been leaking since we moved in two years ago, so I figured it was finally time and we found a good deal. I wasn't looking for red ones (even though red is my favorite color and that's just a bonus) but these were an "out of the box" special they were trying to get rid of. I gladly took them off their hands. It actually was a difficult purchase. Who likes making large purchases? I'm hoping I won't be doing that again from many years to come. There are a lot of intimidating buttons and fortunately a child-lock button. I actually had to sit down and read the manual to figure out how to use everything. Supposedly you use less water and can do more in one load. We'll see if that's the case. I couldn't get great pictures because the laundry room isn't that wide.

Here's Lucy...a tribute to the red-headed domestic goddess.

And her partner in crime...Ethel.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray, you got them! They were still there!! And you get a tax write off too!!

mcamp said...

I so wanted this type of w/d but we couldn't find any really good deals so congrats on yours!

Caroline said...

Let me know how you like your front loader cause I don't like mine. Not sure why-it seems hard to get clothes in and out of. THEY ARE SO CUTE! Love the red!