Monday, May 4, 2009

Update

How Isla spends most of her days.

We've been getting used to having Isla around. We survived our first week alone. Don't ask me what we did exactly. I think one day we went to Sam's club and to Gymboree with my sister Emily. The day before we went to Wal-Mart, the four of us by ourselves. Those toddler shopping carts are not a great idea. At least in our case, by the end of the shopping trip, my two toddlers end up gouging, scratching, poking, and generally annoying each other. Last week we didn't go anywhere besides the gym. I just had to get out of the house and do something. I learned years ago that the gym helps me hang on to my sanity. So we went to the gym 4 mornings last week. Deborah, one of the managers, kept Isal with her at the front desk while the boys went to the the nursery.
Yesterday was Isla's blessing at church. That we all got there on time was amazing. I've yet to master the whole get three kids and myself ready. Thankfully, Blasen was around to help out. I did forget part of the stuff I was supposed to bring for the lunch afterwards. I did remember the camera, but of course didn't get to take any pictures. Thankfully, the grandmothers had me covered. I'm waiting on them to email me copies of pictures. I made Isla's blessing gown last week. I tried to make myself a dress, but didn't get it finished. I hope to finish it this week. I'll get pictures of all that fun stuff up soon.
Here are some other pictures taken over the past few weeks.

Blasen decided not to shave for awhile after Isla was born.

Isla's first bath.

Zade in his bike helmut. He and Bliss wore these all afternoon.

Zade decided to wait for the cookies right in front of the oven.

Isla at about 2 weeks old.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

We had a great time seeing ya'll yesterday! I absolutely adore my new niece. I agree with Zade that waiting in front of the oven for cookies is a great idea. Glad you're getting out of the house. That is still a hard thing for me, I tend to just stay in even when I really need to get out! Anyway, love you much and see you around the end of the month, I hope.

Rachael M. said...

I cannot get to the gym with one and you go with 3!?!? I suck!

Sara, she is so cute I just want to eat her!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for an update! I've been waiting! Good for you for getting out. A big hassle, I'm sure, but your sanity is worth it!

tracyp said...

Cute pictures! When do you kitchen cabinets get in?