Ms. Isla had her one month check-up today and silly me decided that I could take all three of my children to the doctor's office. I honestly can't believe that I survived this trip. I'm seriously considering breaking out the backpack leashes I used in China. Zade just can't be contained. He is in the "I don't want to hold your hand" stage and that just means he wants to run everywhere all the time. We go to a family doctor here in Decatur, so usually we are the only kids there. We bring a lot of excitement to the office when we're there. I was referred to our doctor by some friends and I truly love him...he's a great doctor and loves the kids(and he interned under Dr. Fuselli...small world, huh). They open the door and call us back and Bliss and Zade take off, each going in a different room, neither our room. Bliss freaks out because he sees a skeleton in his room and I can't find Zade. Finally I find him pushing a wheelchair in the employee lounge area.
Despite all this, Ms. Isla's doing great. She weighed in at 10 lbs. I think the nurse was a little off with the weight. She was not the usual nurse and I had to help her out with everything. She is 21in long. I looked at the growth chart for her age and I believe she falls in the 75th percentile. That's if you care to know that info. (I figure I better record it somewhere temporarily before I forget!) Not only does my poor girl have a cowlick right in the middle of her forehead, but she also has an "outie" bellybutton. Yes, Isla has an umbilical hernia. Dr. Irle put some silver nitrate on it and he said it should all close up by the time she's walking. We're going to keep an eye on it and hopefully won't have to have surgery. These are very common and usually go away on their own. I'm sure her love of screaming does not help the situation. Well, we love her despite all that! She also had a shot today and did very well. She's one tough cookie.
We just love having Ms. Isla in our family. She brings us all so much joy! We consider ourselves blessed.
8 comments:
Oh, Isla is adorable! I don't know how you do it all...gym, sew, cook. And throw another kid in the mix, you don't even miss a step and just keep going. So calm and collected--Amazing! We need to get together again soon. And your bread was yum-yummy! Jack and Madi kept asking for "that good bread" and it was gone by the next day.
Megan Sleazack's baby had to have surgery for that same hernia, but she did great and recovered quickly. Of course we don't want Isla to have to have it, but if she does, she'd likely bounce back quickly. I can't believe she's a month old already!! What an adventure at the doc's office. Hey, I want some of that "good bread" too! We ate at Thad and Roz's tonight and she made some awesome rolls. I got the recipe and am going to try my hand at bread making again when we get settled. Maybe I'll get it one day!
10 pounds?! No way has she gained 4 pounds in one month. That seems nuts! Lilah only weighs 12lb 14oz!
My baby is too skinny. I think I make fat free milk!
Evie and Kallie both had umbilical hernias and aside from looking a little weird they healed all on their own. Today though both girls have outies, but they're totally cute outies!
Izzy had Gonzo's nose on her belly for a bit over a year. We loved it and laughed often! What a 'fun' trip you got to have! Even if you think you're crazy.. I really enjoy the laugh! Happy 1 month Isla!
I can't believe she's a month old already. Sounds like things are going great, though. Those plaid pants are super cute, BTW. Little girls are a lot of fun to dress. If it wasn't for going through 2-3 outfits a day, there's no way Olivia would have cycled through all her clothes more than once at that age!
Just got caught up on your blog. Sounds like things are going great. I love Isla's blessing gown. Beautiful. I was just thinking when I saw that picture about how good you look and then you said it was motivation to go to the gym. I think you look great!
I was actually going to say the same thing as Caroline...you looked great in that picture! Isla is a cutie and I really like that name, too. We did the same with Adam; took him home from the hospital with no name. It was the only time we ever did that. Maybe we just run out of ideas the more kids we have or somethin'. We'll be back in AL in a couple of weeks so maybe we'll run into each other one of these days!
Post a Comment