Monday, April 6, 2009

No News is Good News....right?

I had time today to update the ol' blog, but nothing too interesting happening. It's cold here and supposed to snow this evening, so I've taken a "pregnant" day off and just sat around most of the day.
I go to the doctor tomorrow to see if there is any progress. I hope after helping Blasen push/pull electrical wire on Friday night and going to Blasen's rugby match Saturday that I've dilated a little bit more. I stupidly added to my discomfort by forgetting sunblock and getting my arms burned. Thankfully, my moisturizer has sunblock in it, so my face isn't too red.
Any ideas on names? We still haven't found any that we both really like.

10 comments:

Iku ka said...

Congrattt!! Finally a baby girl in the family :D
take care urself, can't wait to see the CUTE girl!!


joyce

Emily said...

I think the middle name Jan or first name Janette are good. But I'm bias. I have always loved Gweneth too. We were going to name Jack, Lyla if he had been a girl. I'll try to remember the others we had. We had one picked out for each of the other boys had they been girls. I'll see you this afternoon.

Rachael M. said...

Hm...have you thought about authors you like or family names? You could do like your mom's name and use Blasen's name to come up with something...Chinese names? Mei ren means "Beauty", so you could play with that. French names? I always liked Genevieve.

And then there's always Rachael. lol Good bible name! :-)

Ben Muldrow said...

oh man, I have been waiting for this post!!!
First, Benjamina, call her Mina
Brunhilda
Gertrude, call her gertie
Maisie
Bessie
Sophrona
Medora
Lacy

Ashley said...

Gosh. I'm no help there! Collin and I have a boy's name picked out if it's a boy, but can't agree on any girl's names. Good luck!

Cheyenne said...

Good luck on finding a name! You could always look through the atlas. Cities are good places to start. I'll even let you have Memphis. Please. Take it. Please. I need it off the table.

Jennie said...

I cannot believe that the two of you are asking people who read your blog to give you name ideas!!! I know that finding names is hard (I've been through it 3 times myself) but, really. Look at that list from Ben - Sophrona, Benjamina, Lacy, ugh!!!! May a propose a name that is classic, yet exotic, intriguing yet playful, whimsical yet sophisticated? I present...Jennie! I know, you hadn't even considered, imagined, dreamed of such a perfect name. Your welcome. Seriously, I like the name Vivianne (Vivi). Besides, not every girl can pull of a name like Jennie, ;)

Sara said...

I just hate looking online for names. So, I went to the public library to check out a book. The only book available was names of African origin...all the others (3) were checked out, one due back 2 years ago.

Rachael M. said...

I hope the person who checked out the book two years ago isn't still using it to try and come up with that baby's name! But why no African origin names? :-)

I actually was thinking of "Vivi" as a nickname for Genevieve, so Jennie and I are on the same page kind of sort of!

I think Ben likes Cheyenne's idea of city names because he hopes you'll name her "Ragland Archibald."

Emily said...

I think it's awesome that three people like Vivi. I gave Sara a written list the other day after she asked cause I was going to watch her kids and my favorite is Viviann. I like the nickname Vi. Long "i" sound. I think you have a name. I know Blasen would like something more along the lines of Moondust, or something but maybe he'll give the would who's been pregnant three times now a say. LOL!