Monday, April 13, 2009

I Know You All Want to Know...


...what is this baby's name? We came home from the hospital today, so we had to choose a name. Granted, we also left with a change of name form just in case! Baby girl will be named Isla Kate Archibald. Isla with a silent "s". We debated on the spelling and finally came to this choice.
Of course, she is too cute and we all adore her. Bliss says she is his baby and her name is "my baby"not Isla. He'll just sit on the couch and hold her. Zade likes her too, but tends to poke at her.

As for me, I'm doing great considering I had a baby 3 days ago. My mother came into town today to stay for a few days and that will be nice. Isla must know I'm talking about her because she just started screaming. I'll try to post some more pictures soon.

15 comments:

Jeni said...

Isla Kate. I love it. Don't think you'll be needing that change of name form...she already looks like Isla. Here's to a smooth transistion from family of four to family of five. Much love to all the Archibalds!

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful name! I love it!! Isla Kate sounds so nice with EVERYONE else's name in the Archibald family as well. Good choice :) Sara, glad your labor was quick. Enjoy having your mother with you to help you out. That's a huge blessing!

holley family said...

I love it! she is super precious sara, and looks like the others (i think anyways... her cute little face;) and your boppy looks super cute too! gotta have those cute little girl accessories!congratulations again and glad to hear your feeling good!

The Thomas Family said...

I love the name, too. I actually had never heard that until about 3 weeks ago our friends here named their new baby girl Isla, too!
She is BEAUTiful, Sara. I couldn't believe she was under 7 lbs--she looks so chunky!
Glad to hear you are well and that your mom is there with you!

Iku ka said...

Such a romantic and beautiful name! U guys are genius!!

Rachael M. said...

I love it, too. And we will be able to do the "Oprah, Uma" routine with the girls - "Lilah, Isla! Isla, Lilah!"

We're probably coming down at the end of May for Grey's 5th birthday and maybe it'll work out for us to meet Isla, too!

Cheyenne said...

Yay! You have a Ford baby! But shame on you for having her so early...you don't leave me much more time to procrastinate your diaper bag!

Alicia said...

She is beautiful!! Looks like she is doing great! Glad that everything went well for you!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! So, according to that picture, she looks just like an Archibald ;-) Emily told me you had a very quick delivery once you got to the hospital. Hope you are feeling well! I will be in your position very shortly!

tracyp said...

Congrats again, I too (just like the other 9 comments!) really like her name. It totally fits the family. I'd love to see the baby name book y'all use... :) Congrats again!

mcamp said...

i agree with cheyenne, i think she looks more ford than archibald but how can you really tell haha

congrats again and her name is great!

Ashley said...

Precious! Congrats, and I too, like the name.

Ben & Diane said...

Hey Sara,
CONGRATS on a cute baby with a cute name. I hope you recover easily.

Caroline said...

Congratulations! That is pretty crazy that she looks so much like the boys!
Bliss was in my primary class last Sunday. He is so cute. He kept talking about the his baby crying.
Kate is Sydney's middle name. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! She's beautiful and I can't wait to she her grow up and see how adorable she's going to be!