Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good Eats

I promise to start blogging about our exciting everyday life...with pictures. Like how Zade's new favorite pastime is to remove the vent covers and shove toys down them. Blasen has the camera at work and keeps forgetting to bring it home, so there.
But last night we did have a yummy dinner that I wanted to share with all. It is a 3 cheese penne chicken bake thingy from Kraft Food and Family. It was simple and very good. I'm not always a fan of the recipes I try from there, but this one was good and I didn't have to prepare any other sides besides salad. Here's the recipe if you don't want to go to the above link.

1-1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min.

COOK and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 min. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.

DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. or 8-inch square baking dish.

BAKE 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min.

To top off the meal, we had a yummy apple pie...Blasen's favorite. And a good thing is they both taste scrumptuous reheated. Oh, I almost forgot...I added black olives, because we are fans of the black olive around here. It turned about great!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I've made that pasta too and it is really good! Yum, apple pie sounds good...

tracyp said...

And welcome back to American food...

Jeni said...

Yes! I love it when a dinner menu falls into my lap! Thanks for sharing. I have TONS of chicken in my freezer!