Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mamma Mia!

One word...FUN!
Have you seen this movie? There is a part of everyone that loves to hear ABBA...you can't help yourself...I know you're out there you closet ABBA fans. It takes me back to the days of singing along with ABBA Gold, Rachael singing harmony. That was more than a few years ago.
You've got to watch this movie! I hear the Broadway show is great also. The kids thought I was crazy singing along with all the songs. I just looked it up and it isn't released in the US on DVD until Dec 16th. I guess we have early, um, screenings over here in China.
I'm putting the movie trailer up so you can get a taste of all the FUN. Just had a thought...TracyP, you got to watch this movie...it'll make you feel better to sing your heart out to ABBA, like we used to at dances when they played "Dancing Queen." It'll make everyone feel better to stand in your living room, hairbrush in hand, donned in pajamas, singing your sweet mama heart out! I challenge you all. Now get to it. Well... once Dec 16th comes.
Just an FYI, this may be the week of movies. I have several good ones in mind.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

A friend of mine in Utah saw this in the theater a few weeks ago and she said that place was ROCKIN'! She said there were people dancing in the isles and it was a true sing-a-long. Can't wait to see it! Those dancing queen days at YSA dances were carefree days, huh? Well, sort of.

tracyp said...

OK Sara, I guess you've convinced me. I wasn't really that interested but I do love me some ABBA. Some of my most favorite memories are from the dances or cars when the song would come on and we'd sing, or rather belt it out. Thanks for thinking of me.. I guess I'll have to wait another month... unless the $1 theater has it still....

Caroline said...

That looks really cute!
Primary is going great. I have a WONDERFUL group of women to work with who are totally on top of things so that helps a lot! We have our first activity coming up so we'll see how that goes.
Thank you for keeping us all updated! You'll be so glad you did so you can look back and see all your fun and strange experiences!

Rachael M. said...

HA! I realized that some grave error had been made when I lost all the music I had before (including about a million songs off 70 or so CDs that I sold at a yard sale after making digital copies), in that I never returned that ABBA Gold CD to my iPod.

Man, that CD will always remind me of driving around Tuscaloosa!

Cheyenne said...

If you don't rock it to ABBA, you don't have a pulse.

Sara said...

Rachael, you don't have the ABBA Gold anymore? I was banking on it, because as I was thinking more about it, I don't know where my copy is. I definitely have to be in a mood to listen to ABBA, but I can't help but feel better once I listen. I decided it was good "house-cleaning" music or gym music.
Other great sing-a-longs are John Denver and The Mama's and the Papa's.

Are You Being Messerved said...

I loved that movie!! I watched it on the Korean Air flight yesterday from Korea to Atlanta. It is the cutest movie ever!! I loved it, I wished I could have sung along to the songs, but it was the middle of the night, so I had to be quite!!