Monday, September 22, 2008

In the World of All Things Bliss

Wanting to start off the Week of Bliss here. Today marks, not only the beginning of Fall, but the day Bliss entered our life. We named our little boy Bliss, because he was so blissful...he didn't even cry when he was born. My sister Lacy, suggested the name Harvest to honor the changing of the season, but we opted out of that one. Bliss is 3 years old today...hard to believe, but true. No miraculous change in behavior today, unfortunately, or sudden kindness for his brother, but we love him still the same and are glad to have him in our life.
Here are some thoughts on Bliss that I started writing awhile ago...

Bliss has a love/hate relationship with life. We have now concluded it is very good that we named him Bliss...hoping it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Bliss loves confrontation. Life can be peaceful...no one crying at the moment...and he decides to tackle Zade off the couch or some other violent offense against his brother or me. He hates for anything fun to end, but who does. He loves all sports and sometimes just takes off his clothes and says he wants to put on his rugby shirt. He has every ball from every sport imaginable, even lacrosse, but I keep that one put up along with the golf balls. Bliss loves to read. Bliss loves to color, play with playdough, and help clean house. Bliss loves Tom and Jerry and all things Scooby-Doo. His favorite movie right now is "Underdog"but "Kung-Fu Panda" and "Horton Hears a Who" are creeping up. He loves to pretend that he is a dog or a tiger...I prefer the dog, as this involves no biting or other such attacks from the back of the sofa. He loves riding the bus and can't wait for Sundays when we take the busride to Guangzhou for church. He loves going to the pool and park. Bliss loves taking pictures(I believe he has a little of Great-Grandma Archibald in him.) He loves visiting "my pa and my ma" aka Grandpa and Grandma Archibald or "pa and mama ford" aka Grandfather and Mama Ford. He loves all his aunts and uncles and cousins. We have to check the cousins blogs often to see pictures of what's happening. His favorite time of day is when Dad gets home for work. He survives almost solely off rice for dinner. Thankfully, he'll eat a good, healthy breakfast and a pretty good lunch. Bliss loves trips to "Don's" aka McDonald's. If he sees red and yellow on a building, he assumes it McDonald's and the Chinese love red and yellow. And mostly he can't wait to get back home so he can have his Superman cake.
Happy Birthday little buddy...this blogs for you!

11 comments:

tracyp said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Are You Being Messerved said...

Happy Birthday little man!! Love you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bliss! I will always remember your birthday, as you were born exactly two weeks early on Ethan's due date, and Ethan was also born exactly two weeks early. It's only fitting it should happen that way seeing as how your mommy and I are best friends. And then, to have your brother and Ethan's sister born just eight days apart....(enter twilight zone music here...)

We love you and can't wait to come play with you when you get home!

PS..Sara, since you got lots of time on your hands, will you help me get a cute blog background? I've tried a few times but get scared I'm going to wipeout all my sidebar stuff. Help? :)

mcamp said...

Happy B-day!

-thanks for your comment--i'm glad i'm not alone

Rachael M. said...

Awww! Happy Birthday! I remember being in my photography class and getting the call that you were on the way! It really doesn't seem to be so long ago...

Be sweet to your mom and brother!!

Cheyenne said...

Happy Birthday, Bliss! I can't believe it's been so long. I used to hold you and love you and squeeze you and bide my time until my baby came. Look at us now!

Emily said...

Bliss, Brett wants to have a B'day party with you when you get home! Would that be ok? We love you very much!

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Your cousins miss you and love you. Look for your birthday present from us coming soon in the package from Mama Ford.

PS
Evie and Kallie said when you get home they are giving you a Birthday Spanking! :)

Anonymous said...

This is your favorite aunt (Lacy)...Oh Bliss, I will NEVER forget the day you were born as I was present when you took your first breath. I jokingly say that I was forced to watch my sister give birth, but that experience is one I will trade for nothing. I love you as though you were my own and miss you terribly. I hope you have a great birthday. I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!!

Sara said...

Just letting everyone know, I was not the one forcing Lacy to watch Bliss be born...that was the sweet nurse who thought it would be good for her. Lacy truly had a look of horror on her face. I would have loved to be alone at that moment, but when you're in the moment, you don't care if you're in a stadium full of onlookers...you just want it to be over with. Shoot...I don't even watch my kids being born.

Mink News said...

Happy Birthday to Bliss!!!! Its crazy because I remember moving to Alabama and you were pregnant at he same time as me. But its so funny you wrote that post about Bliss, because he sound sooo much like Collin that its weird. Collin, too, has a love hate relationship and will often attack me or Casen from the back while pretending to be like a tiger! I am always begging him not to hurt me on the next attack :)
Anyways, pretty funny!
How long are you guys living in China? --And when did you move there? I have always thought you were super mom ever since I visit taught you in AL- and I still do! Good luck with everything!