The first purchase was a new purse for me. We see these purses every Sunday on our way to church, Blasen and I both like them, and since it was Saturday, we stopped to see them. She told me the ridiculous price she wanted for it right as the police start trying to clear all the vendors out from the sidewalk. So, that was my chance. I knew she would want to sell it fast. I really like this bag too...red, my favorite color.
So, the grocery store Blasen wanted to go to was a Carrefour! I couldn't believe they had those here in China. For those of you that don't know, Carrefour is a Swiss grocery store. I used to go to Carrefour all the time in France. I was so hoping to find some yummy treats there. We did find the syrup, but paid about $3-4 for one bottle. They did have granola with chocolate pieces...very Swiss, but I resisted. It was pretty pricey too, for such a small box. I may give in next time though. Unfortunately, they didn't have many international items. We bought some pasta and pasta sauce for Sunday dinner.
We did some other shopping and headed home for the day, because we had to come back the next day for church. The boys were exhausted, as we all were, but we had a fun day. That night we topped off the day with French toast for dinner.
This weekend, we're headed to Hong Kong. We will go see the LDS temple there and do some more shopping. We are still deciding on either to go to Disneyland Hong Kong or Ocean Park, another amusement park that has animals too. The boys are excited about that part. It should be lots of fun. The bus ride is about 3-4hours, so that should be interesting, but Bliss likes bus rides.
We'll definitely take lots of pictures and I'll post them next week. Wish us luck. Hong Kong is a lot bigger a city than Foshan, but more English is spoken there, so I'm excited for that.
8 comments:
Ok, that purse is SO cute.
ALSO - Neat about the road. It's wild to think about things being that old. While Ben and I were in Austria and Germany, I was just so amazed by how OOOOOOLD things were. And excited to see some things that had been around for so long. I guess that's a human thing; being excited over the idea of being able to leave something behind that represents you for thousands of years after you're gone!
Have fun in Hong Kong! I can't wait to see the post card you pick out for Lilah :-D
oh how cool about that street they uncovered! I love those sort of things. Love the purse too! That's one of my weaknesses...I have too many purses and no where to put them.
I have the blog feature that tells me when you've updated and for some odd reason you never show up on mine as having updated. It says it's been at least 2 weeks since you updated and when I actually went to check yours you'd had like 5 entries. Do you have that problem??
As we all know, I'm not a China fan, but I am extremely jealous that you'll be seeing the Hong Kong temple. Please, please, take lots of good pictures for me!!!
I too have the same update problem with your blog and I noticed the same at Rachael's. My blogroll says that you last updated like 3 weeks ago. I check every few days anyway.
Love the purse!!!!
PS we are all hoping to receive cool gifts from China from our favorite relatives, hint, hint.
I hope you have fun in Hong Kong. Email mom, Brother and Sister Phillips are in China on their mission and are travelling the country. Maybe you can hook up with them and see someone from home.
I can't believe you are complaining about the syrup price! Yes, it is expensive but everything is SO CHEAP there, you have a cleaning lady for Heaven's sake. By some stinking syrup and granola if you want it. I know we Ford's are cheap but come on I think the money saved elsewhere will justify a $4 bottle of syrup, :)
Love you all!
I'm surprised Blasen didn't buy a 12mos supply of syrup. That should last until you leave in Dec...maybe! :) Anyway, Love the purse, and it was fun getting to see Lacy. I told her to send us all copies of her wedding pictures...Quote " I know, I need to." We'll see if it happens. I'll bug her about it. I hated leaving her but we'll see her soon.
LOVE the picture of Bliss and Zade all gross at the dinner table. I only wear my food when I have realllly enjoyed it. Well, now I guess we all know that isn't true, huh?
I love the bag and your trip sounds so fun. you're just so cultured with your swiss store in china! i also love love the background and it makes me feel a little better that im not the only one missing games b/c i dont have cable.
Anyone else wondering what the kid, who can obviously walk, is doing in a baby walker? Anyway, miss you! Put up your trip to Sea world or wherever you went. Love you!
Post a Comment