Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Very Chinese"

I meant to share this story the other day. Blasen and I found it funny/sad...as we say "very Chinese."
I awoke early, i.e. 7am(I know it's not early, but anyway), so I could catch the CBS World News. I like to keep up with the going-ons of my mother land. And, I like to hear someone else speak American English. It usually starts around 7:30ish every weekday morning. I still haven't figured out the schedule, it's pretty random. So it's coming on and the first story starts. It's about President Bush and some comments on human rights violations in China. That's all you barely hear and it goes directly to commercial. Blasen and I think they'll just skip that segment. Oh no, the show does even come back on. They air some British car show thing that I hate and always seems to be on.
I say China doesn't fool around when it comes to censorship...they give you one chance and that's it.

6 comments:

璇玑. said...

Hey ` your writings is very funny!
I'm a Chinese.Do you see the Bejing Olympic opening ceremony ?
I hope you can write an E-mail to me.It's my honor
195528883@qq.com

Jeni said...

Gawl, Sara..you do have a fan club!!! That's crazy! You're talking about how crappy it is that their government censors things and she says it'd be an honor for you to write her?!? Nuts!

Alicia said...

how is the olympic coverage there in china??? fun fun....what a cool experience though right?

Jennie said...

You better watch it or we won't be able to see your blog, only a stupid British car show. PS, What kind of cars do the British make anyway?
PSS Just so you won't get banned -- GO BIG RED!

Rachael M. said...

Um...

I <3 China!

璇玑. said...

Ah! Original case. Really bad. I am generally in English. I may be wrong understanding of the meaning of his article. sorry.

Reply jeni