As I've said before, Saturday is our fun day. Blasen's co-worker told him about this park that the kids should like and said there was the cheapest shopping in town just across from it. I thought this would be a great Saturday outing. The shopping was a no-go, as it was not on Bliss's agenda, obviously. Excuse me!The park, however, was loads of fun. I imagine Central Park in NYC being something like this. There were paddle boats on the small lake, a zoo, amusement park rides, vendors, etc. We road the boats. Bliss and Zade both loved this. Our boat actually had a small electric motor, so no peddling for us. Zade sat in the back and steered with Dad, while Bliss used is AK-47 mounted to the front of the boat to take everyone in the surrounding area out. Of course, we didn't want it to end, i.e. Bliss.
Before we went boat riding, we went to a green space and he played soccer with some other boys his age. The two little boys seemed to be close in age and the youngest was Bliss's age. They took off there shoes and shirts, so Bliss wanted to do the same. We went for the shirt only. Next to the green space was an open air building with a Chinese templesque look to it. Blasen went over to check it out and it was small boys doing martial arts with poles, swords and all. Of course Bliss thought they were cool. The boys had loads of fun and of course we had our papparazzi moments when people took pictures and video.

Saturday is a busy day in the park, especially this past weekend. There were tons of couples getting wedding photos made. There are tons of gardens...a really beautiful place to take photos. Of which, I wanted to participate...in the photo-taking that is. Unfortunately, the batteries were dead, as well as the back-up batteries. So, no photos this week, but we'll go back. I thought Rachael and Cheyenne would really have fun taking pictures at this place. I would never do it justice, but next time I'll try. Back to the weddings, I guess there were thousands of couples that got married on 08-08-08, not because of the Olympics(even they started at 8:08 of 8/8/08), but because it was a lucky day. In Beijing alone, over 16,400 couples, not individuals, were married. Nationwide there were 314,224. Can you believe that? Bless those girls' hearts it was so hot out there on Saturday. And there they were in wedding dresses, trapsing around a massive park. Good Luck to them all!
Sorry no pics, but like I said we'll go back to the park to do all the other stuff. This picture is one I found online of the park.
No comments:
Post a Comment