Thursday, August 14, 2008

Service with a Smile

Bliss and Zade, especially Bliss, love going to McDonald's. Dad doesn't like it so much. Of the American food choices we have here, he prefers KFC. So, once a week, after our park adventure, I take the boys to McDonald's. At the McDonald's that we go to there is the manager that loves taking care of us. Her English is sufficient and she's super nice to the boys. Why is she so great, you ask? Well, when she sees us coming, she opens the door and shows us a place to sit. Then she brings us a menu and takes our order. She takes my money and brings back the change with our food. She comes back to check on us and then gets us ice cream so I won't have to leave the boys to go order. Now, not to speak ill of my McDonald's back in Decatur, because they were always really nice to us, but nothing like this. Some McDonald's your lucky if they get your order right and that's only if you can understand what there saying over the little intercom when they're taking your order and trying to talk on their cell phone at the same time.
And I don't think it's only with us. I saw the same manager seat a large group that came in after us and took their order too. Now she knows customer service and definitely will have customers coming back to her store.
Bliss loves McDonald's and this makes it easier on the Mom, when she has to walk two toddlers about 1/2 mile to get there in the blazing sun. I figure I walk that cheeseburger off on the way home!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

OK, I get to your page and immediately Suspicious Minds begins playing. I was just thinking yesterday (when you posted this?) that I would put that song on our playlist. Too funny! Love you!

Emily said...

It is too funny! I just read what you wrote on Rachael's blog and I do the same thing. The scale that gives me the weight I want...and I wear super lite clothes to the Dr. when I have to be weighed! Great minds...right?

Cheyenne said...

I love groovin' to your playlist. You put my blog updates to shame! I still need to post Olivia's birthday, but there has been such drama here. I love the undermounted sinks. My parents have one (and it looks very much like a farmhouse sink) and my mom says that it is the best sink she's ever had. It makes kitchen clean-up and sink clean-up a breeze.