Laundry day is every day for us here in Foshan. Our little washer only holds so much, so there is no such thing as laundry once a week. Back home I would have Monday Laundry Days. This is okay like this...I don't have tons to fold in one day. And we have to plan ahead, as laundry has to be hung up to dry. I'm not hating on line-drying your clothes, I did myself back home...but outside. If you line dry your clothes outside in the nice fresh air, they get a wonderful, breezy, sunshiny smell to them. The unfortunate thing about drying clothes inside is that sometimes articles such as towels acquire a soured smell. The other downer is your clothes tend to be stiff, even with fabric softener added.I'm eating my words, and it's not the first time in my life. I had to go thru the same routine on my mission, but then I only had a drying rack to use. That's when I swore I would never use another hard, crusty, smelly towel again. And look at me now. I'm using hard, crusty, smelly towels. Oh well, I survived then and I'll survive again.
Here's our tiny washing machine.
1 comment:
Heh! I thought you were roughing it in Decatur! Words do tend to come back and bite us in the butt! All those "I'll,never..."! I know what you mean!
Post a Comment