Have you ever watched something or read something that makes you hurt on the inside?I wasn't sure of the whole story of Jane Austen...so I decided to watch this movie. I'm a Jane Austen fan, as well as a Anne Hathaway fan, so I thought I this would make a great movie of the week. It is a good movie, but I feel real sorry for Jane Austen. I did not realize the reason behind her being an "old maid". She had her chance...she even had affection for him, not some arranged, "I will learn to love you" kind of thing. Ms. Austen passed it up for some reasons which I feel were temporary. Anyway, I won't spoil it for those of you who would like to see it.
Now I see the motivation for her stories. Regardless of what she chose for her life she chose something different for her characters. All in all, she's like any other girl...always sees the happy ending.
By-the-way...I'm 29 and I like to think Jane is right.
2 comments:
I don't know if I look better now than I did ten years ago.
Actually - according to most people, I actually DO look better now than I did 10 years ago. But 21 was the start of my nightmare descent into fatness. So...
ACTUALLY - I may soon be exactly the same fat. I feel that way right now, anyway. :-p This time, my wrists are still small, though. LOL
I'm totally rooting for 10 years ago. As for Jane Austen, I'm almost sure that it's the inconsistancies in her life and her characters' that make her books so good. No matter what her choices, I think it still gives us a peek into her little heart.
Rachael...it's not your wrists that get fat, it's your ankles...Sorry, you just traded one evil for another.
Post a Comment