Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Walk in the Park

We went to the park yesterday. It's not that far of a walk from us..really just across the street. We have to walk down to a catwalk to cross over the busy street. It's like running the gauntlet to cross a street here. Pedestrians definitely do not have the right of way in China. No one does, it appears, except you the driver, and you just assume everyone agrees with you. It's an adventure in and of itself. Then you have to watch for the bicycles and scooters that occasionally decide to use the sidewalk instead of road. I'm always glad if we get there in one piece.
The park is really nice. There are always gardeners there working on everything.

2 comments:

Rachael M. said...

OMG! Zade looks all grown up!

Emily said...

I love the apartment and the park. My boys have really been missing you guys. Danny and I have been to we just don't walk around the house vocalizing it the way the boys do. We love and miss you all.