Against my better judgment I went ahead, recklessly, and read Twilight and New Moon in less than a week. That's left me desperate to know what happens next. And you better not tell. I know all you Twilight followers out there are salivating for the the fourth and final book to come out this week. You are the lucky ones. You'll know how it ends and I don't even know what's happening in Eclipse. I really put myself in this predicament, because I was too cheap to buy the 3rd book to bring with me. I arrogantly thought that I could just wait to read it when I get home and I could just buy the paperback(being cheaper and weighing less). I thought I wouldn't get so wrapped up in the story...but it's so good. Sometimes Forks, WA is more appealing (and closer to my home) than China. Not that I don't like China, but little ol' Decatur is so much more quiet and peaceful. People there don't stare at me when I walk down the street and I don't feel like I'm living in a foreign film. I'm not saying I don't like it here...it's just different.
Back to Twilight...I do, however, get home the day after the movie is released. I'm hesitant to see the movie. I'm always disappointed with the movie after I read the book. Always, with one exception. I loved how they did the movie for the novel Love Letters. It didn't follow the book that closely, but was still really good.
Good news...I may have a way to get those books here. A member of our branch presidency is back in the states on vacation and I may ask he and his family to pick them up for me. If not...I'll just patiently wait....until December. Ugh. Oh well, there's worse things that could happen.
Remember...DON'T SPILL THE BEANS.
9 comments:
Oh just make the call or send the e-mail. I know that I would never be patient enough to wait until december to see how it ends!! Friday night is almost here!!!
I was going through Jodi Piccoult books at a pretty fair clip there for awhile, but that is the only author I have ever read a lot of, and they aren't a series, either...I just can't get into series. I tried to read Harry Potter and got bored!
you mean with all the stuff they sell in china, they don't sell stephenie meyer's books? poor girl! i can't believe you didn't bring the 3rd...or buy the 3rd!
Sara, shell out the dough and order Eclipse and book four on amazon.com. Really. You shouldn't have to endure potty training AND not knowing what Bella will do at the same time. It's asking too much.
This comment has nothing to do with books, sorry! Just feeling low and missing you! I love your blog and the great pics of China and the kids. Did Bliss see the pics E, K, and H drew for him? Love you! J
Oh I can't wait to read it!
I just finished "The Host"
well, if no one else will tell you how it ends, then I will, darth vadar is lukes' father!, just kidding, i actually haven't read any of those books and am feeling a little left out. anyways, hope you figure out what you're gonna do!
Rachael, so she's a pretty good author then? I saw here books before but wasn't sure if they were good. Now I know. Great!
Yes - they are all...pretty much legal mysteries. They are all around some sort of crime that leads to some sort of court drama, but they aren't based in the courts. For example: One book is about an Amish girl who goes on trial for murdering her baby, but instead of it being focused on the trial, it focuses on her relationship with her lawyer. It's crime drama, but character driven and not court driven. They are REALLY good and fast reads. If I get the chance to look back through the boxes of stuff we are taking to charity from the yard sale, I'll send you the ones from her that didn't sell. You can just leave them there when you're done or give them to other folks, so you don't have to take up space bringing them back. But I'm not positive they made it to the stuff that got loaded into the truck. They may be in my parents' pile to take. :-(
Post a Comment