I just want to apologize to all my dear friends of whom I have failed to tell our departure date. Which I think is just about everyone. We got our visas a few weeks ago, then our tickets shortly after. So, we officially are leaving July 8th from Huntsville. We fly to Detroit, then Tokyo, then Guangzhou, China(just 30 minutes from Foshon). Yippee! I so am not looking forward to this trip. Hopefully our children will prove my worst fears false and be darling angels then entire way. What's going to make me even more stressed than the fact that my children will be just that, children, is that Blasen is going to look at me and say "What's wrong with them?" like I'm some kind of child mind reader. This should be fun. We'll have 6 months to repair whatever damage this plane ride does to our marriage and prepare for the ride home! We'll be back December 13th...sooner than we thought, which is good. I'm going to miss some of my favorite holidays(Thanksgiving and Halloween), but we'll be home in time from Christmas.
I've been worried about what we'll do everyday over there. Blasen told me today that they now pay a maid about $3/hr to clean the apartment. I said she could continue doing so at $3/hr. So no cleaning for me. There are some parks nearby and a pool at our apartment. I'm sure we'll have some adventures. I also bought a harness for Bliss. I know this sounds cruel and I always said I'd never do that to my child, but I never thought I'd live in a metropolitan city of 3+ million in China. And anyway, it's sort of cute. It's a monkey back pack with a tail that you hold onto. He'll love it.
5 comments:
Sara that's going to be such a cool experience.. (living there, not so much the plane ride!) although when my friends flew to Germany their son slept the whole way. Tell Blasen that his kids just want to play with Daddy if they get crazed..I do that to Mike all the time with Isabel!
Here's what you do for the plane: Get a BIG bottle of children's Benedryl.....
:-D
Look, it's not like you are traveling for pleasure or to ruin anyone's pleasure trip. You have to go where your husband will be living for the next 5 months!
I expect that since you'll have no cleaning to do, I'll be receiving lots of postcards.
Mmmhmm!
Be sure to update us with address, etc. asap! And let us know if there's anything we can send!
Uh, yeah, I hope your kids do well on the plan too, it'll probably be touch and go there for a while.
All I can say is good luck!
It will be a good experience though.
How many people can say I lived in China for 6 months and I survived the plane ride with 2 young kids.
whoops *plane*
I have that same harness for Lucy. She loves playing with it at home and I love putting it on her when we go to places like Disneyland. Good luck in China!
Post a Comment