Friday, March 7, 2008

New Edition

I've added a new edition to my layout. It actually features one of the reasons for my recent absence in blogging. I love reading, so much so, that when I read, other things get neglected. So, I restrict myself to certain amounts, time, etc. For instance, I decided to read the Harry Potter series last summer. So in about 2 months I read all the books. How I did it I don't know. I get negative vibes from Blasen when I go on these sprees, so again, I restrict myself. So, these are my most recent, noteworthy reads.


We're headed to a Huntsville Havoc game tonight. They are a minor league hockey team here . I think Bliss will really like it.

5 comments:

Rachael M. said...

I started to read "Everyone Worth Knowing" but couldn't finish it. It was too name-droppy. I didn't care about the girl with the Prada bag or her 1996 Chevy Suburban or whatever. It was like reading a commercial. LOL BUT - I was interested in the story. I wish I could've gotten through it to find out what happened.

I saw the movie for The Nanny Diaries. Was the book good? I don't like Scarlett Johannsen, so I really didn't care for the movie. Plus I HATE Paul Giamatti. He's so gross looking to me. LOL

Sara said...

Of course the book was better than the movie. I hated the parents even more in the book. The movie leaves you feeling like the "Mrs. X" may care, but you just want to scream at the end of the book. The movie is basically an idea the writers got from the book. And I definitely would not have chosen Paul Giamatti for "Mr. X". Anyway, a good read in a way. You just pray that people really aren't that way. At least that's what I'm telling myself...it makes me feel better. As for "Everyone Worth Knowing" it was the second time I'd started reading it. It's more predictable than I thought...that was a bit disappointing.

Cheyenne said...

I LOVE HOCKEY!! We used to go to the Lincoln Stars' games all the time. I am so jealous! When Aubrey starts a book, he hides it from me so I won't finish it before him!

Debbie said...

I go through phases of book reading, too. I don't read (other than my scriptures) anything for long periods of time, and then I'll read several books in a row. I wish I could read more consistently.

I like going to hockey games. We haven't been to any this season yet but would like to. Hope you guys had fun!

The Thomas Family said...

That is so hilarious for some reason... that you get negative vibes from your husband when you go on reading sprees!!! Just because I totally understand, I went crazy with the... uh, I'm a little embarassed, but with the Twilight series and I got really negative vibes from Ben!!