Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School Days Are Here

 Yesterday was the first day of school here. It's nice that they start later here...it definitely helped with the move. Both Bliss and Zade were very excited about starting school. We went last week to meet their teacher and drop-off their supplies.
We went on Monday to Kohl's and they picked out these Ninjago shirts. Yes, they are long sleeves , but I didn't want to get short sleeves because it won't be warm here for much longer. The highs are only in the low 80's now and this weekend we aren't supposed to get much above 70.
I didn't do the whole new clothes for school...I'm a mean mom, I guess. They don't really care about clothes yet. As long as they have something to wear they are happy, preferably t-shirt and basketball shorts. (I've found a huge consignment sale not far from here in about a month. I plan on hitting that up for some serious winter shopping. I have nothing for new baby. But that's for a later post I suppose.)
Bliss likes school and has made a friend already. Zade came home and said "I hate to report that I didn't make any friends today." I asked him if he talked much to anyone and he said no. I told him he has to talk to people so they can get to know him and that everyone in kindergarten is new.
They get to ride the school bus, which makes me nervous, but they love. It is more convenient here, because it is the rule that you have to walk-in the school to drop-off and pick-up your child. That's a lot of people to get in and out of the car. So for now, we ride the bus. Blasen did take them yesterday since he wasn't in the country for the Open House. I'll have to get those pictures from him.
Thankfully, school starts a lot later in the day too. They don't start until 8:45(no dragging kids out of bed) and then they get out an hour early every Wednesday...which I totally spaced today.
More pictures to come, but I wanted to post something. I've got to become more regular at blogging again since I'm far, far away from everyone now.
Me...I've been unpacking and organizing still. And Isla and I have enjoyed some quiet time together during Kipp's naptime.



**Update: I've added the link to Kohl's graphic tee's where there are lots of different selections. Kohl's contacted me and asked if I would add this link AND they gave me a discount code to share with you!! I believe you can stack it with other discounts you may already have with Kohl's. Just use UBLOGTEN to get and extra 10% off your purchase. It is good through Oct 24th. Maybe you can find some good deals...we have. I haven't been close to a Kohl's until now and I've love having it around. 

3 comments:

Carly said...

8:45? Jealous!

Emily said...

Sara, I can't believe you have two in school now! I know the days have to be slightly more peaceful. I love the days I get couch time with Jack when his brothers are gone. And when I'm not working like crazy around the house. I want them to remember that I took some time out of my day and made them more important than washing dishes sometimes. :)

nowellmama said...

8:45 that is awesome. Since we are inbetween trasitions still I drive kids, so they have been late several times, only by minutes but hey enought to miss recess, stupid rules. Oh well, only have to get up earlier when move to catch the 650 bus. not so sweet. Congrats.