Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fun at the Beach

I've been meaning to put these pictures up. We took a break for unpacking the weekend after we moved here and took the kids to the beach. Bliss is the only one we've ever taken to the beach and he was so young he doesn't remember. Unfortunately, they did not get to experience the Gulf, but this was good enough for them. The boys were all brave enough to get in the water, however, Isla and I didn't even wear our bathing suits. The water was VERY cold, but Blasen, Bliss and Zade played in it for awhile. Blasen said after awhile you don't feel anything anymore, so it doesn't really matter! No thanks. I told him, I don't even put on a swimsuit unless it is upper 80's. That day was very windy and about 80 and water, I would guess, around 65 degrees. But they had fun and that's all that matters.

Bliss out in Lake Michigan.
Isla and Kipp playing in the sand.
The older boys joined in the sand play.
Pictures are pretty bad as far as subject matter goes. It was really sunny and you can't see what you're taking pictures off with the phone. So this is as good as it gets. But everyone had fun...and that's what counts.

4 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Hey Sara...I guess you guys moved before we had a chance to visit you. :( (assuming that really was going to happen :)
Wisconsin, huh??!! Well, good luck and I will check your blog more often for pics! Bisous.

Jennie said...

I thought about y'all last night while we watched the GB Packers game. The announcer commented that he had had to put a sweater on and looked up the low. 35! That's not appropriate for September! Please don't freeze. I love y'all! :D

Jeni said...

I love seeing Kipp in the outfit mom got for Bliss! Makes me wonder what the heck happened and how our oldest boys are already so old!

nowellmama said...

Wonderful you got to go. Our one and only trip to the lake years ago when we lived near Cleveland was so smelly, had the small brown rocks you couldn't walk on, and fish floating around. Lots of people didn't care they were at the beach, but we didn't classify that as a beach and therefore stayed with the indoor pools ha. Nope even in Hawaii when it would drop in the 70's or 60's water, the kids would have a blast and come back with blue lips. Nope not mama. I'll just work on my winter tan. Ha. Get out and do, as you can see they grow up fast.