Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quick Workouts



As I mentioned before, I'm getting back in my exercise routine. I've been a faithful gym goer for years, but recently took a much needed nearly 2 month break over the holidays. But now I'm back...part of my "Better. Balance. Breathe." mantra for the year. I can apply this to all things...even running. Today, however, I wasn't able to get to the gym and that happens often around here. There's an appointment of some kind to get to and I can't get a work-out in and get myself and the three little ready to go. That is where this little guy up top comes in(thanks Jennie). I did this routine this morning in addition to a few other of my favorites and had a good little work-out. At least I felt like I did something even though it wasn't much. Your heart rate increase, you start breathing quick, and you may begin to perspire. My least favorite? The bicycles. Ugh. They are my least favorite exercise of ALL TIME. I don't even want to imagine what I look like doing them. I feel like I'm thrashing around drowning rather than bicycling! However, they are the best exercise, hands down, for complete ab workout. So, bicycling I will go.

2 comments:

Emily said...

My least favorite is the jumping jacks! I hate them with a passion, they make me feel so sick to my stomach and my bladder's not what it use to be. If you know what I mean!

Jennie said...

That's funny! I like bicycles and jumping jacks but despise burpees. Those things are evil! I've made little index cards of various workout sets from pinterest. When it's workout time I turn all the cards face down and choose one. That way, I'm always surprised and don't get tired of doing the same thing repeatedly. The biggest obstacle for me is psychological, so I'm constantly thinking of ways to psych myself out for fitness. Weird, I know!!